3D Printing. Ceramic.
3D Printing in our Ceramic materials gives your designs excellent temperature resistance, high strength and low conductivity.
Another recent addition to our 'Strong & Durable' and 'Fine Detail' service, our Ceramic based 3D printing service gives you an ideal material where you need Strength, Smooth surface finish and excellent temperature resistance. Designs produced in Ceramic can have fine detail and the off white colour enhances temperature resistance when exposed to local heat sources.
We give you two ceramic options, our original Ceramic SLA and the new Zirconia ZrO2 nano jetted material.
Neither processes require kiln firing.
Ceramic infused resin (SLA)
3D Printing in our resin infused Ceramic material is via the Stereolithography (SLA) process where the base liquid resin cured layer by layer by a laser. Each layer is 100 micron thick and gives a nice smooth surface finish. We recommend that wall thickness or features in your design should be in excess of 0.5mm to ensure integrity.
High Temperature Resistance.
Our Ceramic SLA 3D printing sits on both our 'Strong and Durable' and 'Fine Detail' services on account of parts being strong yet capable of resolving features down to 0.5mm. Stand out properties include a high temperature resistance and large build volume. To summarise, 3D Printed Ceramic gives your designs:
- High temperature resistance of 132ºC (268ºC after an optional thermal postcure.)
- Smooth surface finish.
- Excellent aesthetics in a 'White' colour.
- Fine individual details and wall thicknesses down to 0.5mm.
- High levels of accuracy & dimensional stability.
- Strength & Durability with robust material properties.
- Electrical properties include very low conductivity.
Include designs required to work in close proximity to localised heat sources such as lasers, or to produce complex wave guide or antenna substrate designs for full or selective metalization. Motorsport teams utilize the material for producing wind tunnel test parts.
Ceramic. Zirconia ZrO2 and Alumina
New. We now offer you advanced real ceramic materials with 3d printing in Zirconia ZrO2 and Alumina. Our process gives you high resolution and fine detail. The 10-100um layer height gives excellent and smooth surfaces.
Parts are formed by 3d printing 'Green' parts layer by layer which then sintered at high temperature.
More information to follow.
Ceramic Material Properties.
Key properties for our Ceramic 3D Printed materials.
SLA Ceramic :
- SLA ceramic material built in 0.1mm layers.
- Temperature Resistance of 132°c. (270°c) HDT
- Density 1.7 g/cm³
- Tensile Modulus 10500Mpa (9800Mpa)
- Tensile Strength 68Mpa (80Mpa)
- Elongation at Break 1.1% (1.2%)
- Typical accuracy +/- 0.2mm depending on design, geometry and build orientation.
- Build Area - 500 x 500 x 590mm
- Break away support structure.
- Figures in brackets after a Thermal Postcure. Cost option, please request pricing) - Revised 6th December 2018.
- Xjet NanaParticle Jetting
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: 8.5*10^-6 [1/K]
- Density 6.01-6.04 g\cm3
- Hardness 12.3GPa
- Surface Roughness N10-N11 (<20um)
Ceramic 3d printing.
Ceramic nozzle, 3D printed for a factory production line application.
The design pictured was 3d printed in our ceramic material to take advantage of it's superior temperature resistance. The part delivers cooling air but works in very close proximity to a high temperature laser. The off white color means helps manage ambient in the environment.
3D Printed Ceramic Wave Guide.
Our Ceramic material offers excellent electrical properties for use as a substrate in wave guide applications, in the microwave spectrum of frequencies.
3D Printed Antenna in our Ceramic material.
Along with desirable electrical properties, our Ceramic material gives a smooth surface finish for metalisation processes.
3D Printed Materials
OUR CLIENTS SAY
"I was very impressed with the fast turnaround of fee quotes and production. David and his team provided excellent communication throughout and the items I ordered had excellent finishing. (ABS - Strong\Durable service) "
"Great company for 3D prints in wide range of materials; good turn-around from quotation to delivery. Physically accurate product and great for sample evaluation prior to any production tooling investment."