3D Printed Rubber. TPU.
3D Printing in TPU 92A, Rubber.
A NEW addition to our Strong & Durable service for elastomers and flexible materials. TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) is an FDM or SLS 3D Printed material.
TPU 3d printed via the FDM process gives you best turn around times, build volume and value in black, while the SLS option gives improved surface finish in white.
TPU Rubber Like
TPU is an ideal 3d printed material for producing large and complex flexible parts. Durable, complex parts have never been easier to 3D print, helped by the use of a support system where the support is either dissolved or falls away.
Typical applications include 3d printed seals, flexible ducts and hoses, tubes and damper pads and blocks.
FDM TPU 92A gives you a tough, durable material with high elongation and good abrasion resistance. As per the name, the material has a Shore A hardness value of 92 on the A scale.
- Build Volume: 355 x 254 x 355 mm
- Surface Finish: Lightly ridged.
- Good Detail from 0.256mm (256um) layers with finer layer options.
- Minimum recommended feature detail or wall thickness of 1mm.
- Flame Classification, UL94, HB and V2.
SLS TPU has a Shore A hardness value in the 81 region while giving you excellent surface finish. The powder support and finer layer height allows for good detail while parts can be watertight assuming suitable wall thickness.
- Build Volume: 150 x 200 x 310 mm
- Surface Finish: Smooth.
- Good Detail from 0.1mm (100um) layers with finer layer options.
- Minimum recommended feature detail or wall thickness of 0.8mm.
Key properties for our TPU 3D printed elastomers:
FDM TPU 92A
- Temp Resistance: 95 deg. C (Vicat Softening Temperature)
- Density: 1.13g/cm3.
- Tensile Modulus: 20.7 Mpa.
- Tensile Strength: 17.4 Mpa.
- Elongation at Break: 482%.
- Shore Hardness: 92 A range.
- Support System. Soluble Support.
- Sealing processes to make watertight. (Cost option, may change flex properties.)
- Flame Classification UL94, HB and V2.
Values based on the XZ build orientation. Full datasheet available.
- Temp Resistance: 118 °C (Melting point)
- Operating range: -20°C to 80°C
- Density: 1.08 g/cm3
- Elongation at Break: 300% (x-y) 140% (z)
- Shore A Hardness: 81 +/- 5
- E Modulus: 35-40
- Tear Resistance: 7.6 N/mm
- Support System. Self supporting powder.
- Colour. White. Can be dyed.
- Build Volume: 150 x 200 x 310mm
Images of our work.
FDM Printed TPU Rubber
FDM Printed Rubber - TPU mesh structure.
A rubber mesh structure 3D Printed in our TPU elastomer.
Automotive 3d printing in TPU
3D-Printed cup holder insert designs for an automotive prototyping application.
Automotive Seal prototypes in TPU
Short sections of automotive seal prototypes 3d printed in TPU with the FDM process.
3D Printed Materials
OUR CLIENTS SAY
"We received the part. The part is well done. I would like to thank you for your attention and fast reply to the emails. I hope in the future will be more occasion to work with you."
"3D Alchemy are the most communicative and helpful prototyping bureau out there. They delivered our fine detailed parts in record time."