3D Printing. Carbon Fibre
3D Printing in our Carbon Fibre based materials gives you strong, high performance parts.
A recent addition to our 'Strong & Durable' service, our Carbon reinforced 3D printing service gives you ideal materials for producing designs where high strength and low weight are paramount. Parts produced in these materials also offer good detail and the 'Black' colour gives a very nice aesthetic look and feel to your printed designs. For designs where the ultimate strength of Carbon isn't required we offer a lower priced Graphite SLS or MJF PA12 options.
Our Carbon materials are based on a Nylon base material which is reinforced with Short Strand Carbon Fibre as used in automotive and aerospace applications and injection moulding.
3D Printing in our Carbon based materials gives you a choice between Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) process and the Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM). We recommend that wall thickness or features in your design should be in excess of 0.8mm to ensure integrity.
Strength & Durability. Light weight.
Our Carbon 3D printing is part of our 'Strong and Durable' service and ideal for rapid prototyping pre production parts & models where strength, durability are required. 3D Printing in our Carbon based material gives your parts:
Smooth surface finish with fine texture (Best SLS)
'Black' in colour and gives an aesthetically pleasing look and feel.
Individual details and wall thicknesses down to 0.8mm for SLS, 1mm for FDM
High levels of accuracy & dimensional stability.
Strength & Durability with robust material properties and light weight. (Best FDM)
Print at 0.1 mm layers in SLS and 0.254mm in FDM
Which option for your project ?
Our Carbon SLS option gives your parts better aesthetics and smoother surface finish, plus has a slightly better temperature resistance.
Our FDM option is stronger and has a larger build area.
Carbon. Material Properties.
Key properties for our Carbon 3D Printed materials:
- Carbon Fibre reinforced nylon material built in 0.1mm layers giving good Stiffness v Weight ratio's.
- Heat Deflection: 179°C @ 0.45 MPa
- Density 1.1 g/cm3
- Tensile Modulus 7100Mpa
- Tensile Strength 76Mpa
- Elongation at Break 4%
- Typical accuracy +/- 0.3mm depending on design, geometry and build orientation. +/- 0.1mm available as a cost option.
- Build Area - 330 x 280 x 370mm (w x d x h)
- - 490 x 490 x 500 mm (Large format option)
- Optional sealing service to give your parts additional Chemical, Air and Water resistance.
FDM "Nylon 12 CF"
- Carbon Fibre reinforced nylon material built in 0.254mm layers giving good Stiffness v Weight ratio's.
- Heat Deflection: 143°C @ 264psi (Melt @ 223 °C)
- Density 1.1 g/cm3
- Tensile Modulus (XZ): 7515 MPa
- Tensile Strength: 76 MPa
- Elongation at Break( XZ): 1.9%
- Flexural Modulus (XZ) - 10,620 MPa
- Resistivity: Volume 5.4E+03 - 3.9E+04 | Surface 3.3E+03 - 6.9E+04 kOhms
- Typical accuracy +/- 0.2mm depending on design, geometry and build orientation.
- Build Area - 406 x 355 x 406mm (w x d x h)
Examples of work. Carbon
SLS Carbon 3d-print
This prototype fixing was 3d-printed in SLS Carbon for strength. The material has short strands of Carbon Fiber which makes parts stronger.
Flap design 3d printed in SLS Carbon
This design is a component for a music related project. The client selected Carbon for it's excellent aesthetics and strength.
Frame design, 3d printed Carbon in SLS
Pictured is an internal frame used in an 'arts' application. The design supports an external 'skin' and the part pivots so strength is important, hence our client specifying our SLS carbon material.
Nylon12 CF 3D Printed design.
A design printed in the new Nylon12 CF material for testing. The datasheet suggests additional strength.
Arm assembly 3d printed in CF
Carbon Fibre reinforced based materials give strength and durability to one off parts.
3D Printed Materials
OUR CLIENTS SAY
"Excellent customer service, print quality and accuracy. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone requiring 3D printing services."
"Helpful, fast service with good quality of product."