3D Printing. Rubber. Strong & Durable.
3D Printing in Simulated rubber. Strong and Durable.
Our Strong & Durable service option for 3D printing in Rubber Like materials gives you two options for 3d printing your designs. These materials give you the ability to 3d print in flexible, rubber like materials with more durability and better temperature resistance than our 'Fine detail' flexible materials.
As an 'in between' option, it's also worth checking the new polyjet Agilus material in our 'mixed' Sore A section, which is a possible candidate where your designs do not require a high temperature resistance. Our initial tests suggest it has improved tear resistance over the original Tango materials.
For best tear resistance and durability checkout our new TPU Rubber FDM 3D Printed material.
SLA 'Flex V2' - Rubber Like
Our first option is a laser cured resin (SLA) Rubber Like material which is ideal for small parts where the "snip away" support structures are relatively simple. The material features excellent surface finish (subject to the amount of support required) and fabricates your 3D printed designs in a hardness of Shore A of 80 to 85 and a high heat deflection temperature.
Applications include prototype automotive parts for testing, plus remanufactured parts for a classic motorcycle restorations.
- Build Volume: 145 x 145 x 175mm
- Smooth surface finish (rougher at support attachment points).
- Good Detail from 0.1mm (100um) layers with 50um option for small designs.
- Minimum recommended feature detail or wall thickness of 1mm.
- See below for full spec.
SLS. DuraForm Flex.
Our second option for a more durable 3D printed Rubber Like material is our laser melted powder option (SLS) and a second TPU option ( Thermoplastic Polyurethane ) material. This process is ideal for larger designs with complex internal structures or overhangs as the base powder material is self supporting.
Applications include the 3d printing of end use, functional parts in small batches or for end use designs where conventional manufacturing or casting techniques are not applicable.
With a Shore A value in the 80 range and is also printed using 100um layers, The base powder material gives your designs a slightly textured finish.
- Build Volume: 150 x 200 x 310 mm.
- Lightly textured surface finish.
- Colour White
- Good Detail from 0.1mm (100 micron) layers.
- Minimum recommended feature detail or wall thickness of 1.5mm.
- See below for full spec.
Key properties for our 'durable' 3D printed flexible materials:
- Temp Resistance: 230 °C (Vicat Softening Point.)
- Density:0.5 g/cm3
- Tear Strength: 13.3-14.1 kN/m.
- Tensile Strength: 7.7 - 8.5 Mpa
- Elongation at Break: 75-85%.
- Shore Hardness: 80-85 A
- Support System. Snip away support structures.
- Build Volume: 145 × 145 × 175 mm
SLS Rubber. TPU.
- Temp Resistance: 118 °C (Melting point)
- Density: 1.08 g/cm3
- Tensile Strength: 1.8 Mpa.
- Elongation at Break: 300% (x-y) 140% (z)
- Shore A Hardness: 81 +/- 5
- E Modulus: 35-40
- Tear Resistance: 7.6 N/mm
- Support System. Self supporting powder.
- Colour. White. Can be dyed.
- Build Volume: 150 x 200 x 310
SLA 3D Printed Rubber, showing support structures in place.
Re-manufactured classic racer motorcycle parts ( TR500 ), showing excellent surface finish and text reproduction. This example show's the support structures still in place.
SLA Rubber Like materials. Picker Pads.
SLA Rubber like parts showing support structures in place. These are robot picker pads.
SLA Rubber - Picker pads.
Picker pads once the supports are removed. Surface roughness is somewhat worse where the supports attached but careful orientation when 3d printing ensures supports attach to the 'B' surface and does not impact on the application.
SLS Rubber 3d printed material.
Example parts 3d printed in our SLS Rubber Like material. Bump Stop designs to cushion components in manufacture.
3D Printed Materials
OUR CLIENTS SAY
"Really good customer service, and a good selection of materials to choose from, will definitely be looking to use 3D Alchemy again in the future."
"As ever, a fast, accurate and very personal service, which ensured that all our aspirations were fulfilled. Please keep up this excellent service!"