3D Printing. Silicone.
3D Printing & rapid prototyping in Silicone with a new 3D Printing technology.
NEW IMPROVED Service....
A NEW addition to our 'Strong & Durable' 3d printing service, our Silicone 3d printing service fabricates your designs in real silicone elastomer.
Silicone offers you many advantages, including excellent stretch and elasticity, consistent mechanical properties through a wide temperature range (Below freezing to above the melting point of other thermoplastics), and our silicone materials have Biocompatibility certification. In addition you can sterilize our Silicone 3D printed parts with steam, gamma radiation electro beam.
Design Freedom. Our Silicone 3d printing process allows for unsupported geometries using a separate soluble support material which is then washed away post build. This makes the 3D Printing of geometries such as flexible bellows type designs with narrow apertures a realistic proposition.
Real Silicone. Strength & Durability.
Our Silicone 3D printing service is part of our 'Strong and Durable' materials portfolio and ideal for rapid prototyping, pre production and production parts & models where strength and durability are required. 3D Printing in Silicone gives your parts:
- Excellent surface finish.
- Aesthetically pleasing look and feel.
- Wall thicknesses and Individual details down to 0.5mm (and lower)
- High levels of accuracy & dimensional stability. DIN ISO 2768-1 v in the X-Y.
- Strength & Durability with robust material properties.
- UV and Weather resistant.
Where you do have enclosed volumes, the soluble support technology requires small exit holes to allow support removal.
Silicones offer good electrical resistance properties.
Our Silicone Rubber material is currently available in a translucent white and Shore A values 35A and 65A. It is 3d printed using material jetting technology which is then flash UV cured.
The resulting silicone parts have good surface finish and excellent temperature resistance. Silicone Rubber is cost effective and supports delicate designs with thin walls down to 0.3mm. Suitable for a wide range of applications across a range of industry sectors.
3D-Printed True Silicone is currently available in a translucent white for Shore A values 20A. 35A 50A and 60A. 60A parts are also available in Black. Custom colours are available subject to a minimum order size.
Medical Device and Food Industry.
Our 3D Printed True Silicone has Biocomatibility certifications to ISO 10995-5:2009 (Vitro cytotoxity) and ISO 10993-10:2010 (Skin irritation and sensitisation) so ideal for healthcare prototype applications including audiology and hearing products, wearables and Prosthetics.
3D Printed True silicones are in use in Food manufacturing applications and direct food contact, where users have completed self certification to confirm suitability.
True Silicone potentually has a shelf life of around 12+ months depending on environmental conditions.
Silicone. Material Properties.
Key properties for our Silicone 3D Printed materials:
- Temperature Resistance: 200°c.
- Elongation at Break: 160%
- Tensile Strength: 2 to 2.5MPa
- Flexural Modulus: 68MPa
- Shore A Values: Shore A35, Shore A65
- Colours: Typically translucent white.
- Build Volume: 297 x 210 x 200mm
- Datasheet: Datasheet Here
- Temperature Range of -30 to 180°c.
- Elongation at Break 360% to 1000%
- Tear Strength - 5.8 to 17 N/mm
- Shore A Values: Choose Shore A = 20, 35, 50 or 60
- Colours: Typically translucent white.
- Biocompatibility according to ISO10993-5 and -10
- Build Volume: 130 x 70 x 100mm
- Datasheet : Datasheet Here
Values depend on the Shore A value selected.
Preferred file formats: STL or STEP.
Examples of work. Silicone.
3D Printed Materials
OUR CLIENTS SAY
"3D Alchemy delivers a very fast and efficient service. I'd recommend them to anyone wanting 3D parts printed. (ABS - Strong\Durable service) "
"Parts arrived very quickly and to a very high standard. The small parts I ordered would have been difficult and expensive to make with conventional subtractive manufacturing techniques."